Roof/Terrace Deicing Cable – Roof/Terrace Heating Cables
Roofs can be severely damaged by ice build-up throughout the winter months. Ice dams and icicles form when the accumulated snow on a roof melts and refreezes during the evening, potentially creating both structural damage and safety issues.
Corewarm can design and specify an electrical heating cable to prevent ice dams from forming on roofs of residential homes and commercial buildings to prevent building damage. Ice dams can cause water ingress into a roof, physical damage to the structure, or a safety hazard due to ice falling onto unexpected pedestrians below.
There are several ways to create effective solutions to eliminate ice dams – from laying the heating cables, to the traditional zigzag pattern that is installed on the edge of the roof line, to the newer technology of inserting heat cable into metal panels that can install on the roof itself or under the shingles of a roof. These systems are effective on all different type of roof styles including flat roofs, sloped roofs, shingled roofs, membrane roofs, and standing seam roofs.
- Linear Wattage Density: 30W/m (standard), 40W/m (on request)Rated Voltage: 230V, 50Hz
- Nominal Limit Temperature: 80°C
- Installation Temperature: -20°C
- Conductor: Twin core/Single core, Class-2 resistance alloy
- Core Insulation: Advance ﬂuoropolymer
- Earth Shield: Copper shielding
- Outer Sheath: Cross linked Elastomer
- Cold lead connection: Type- Y attachment (Upto 5 mtr) both side or one side depending upon single or twin conﬁguration.
- Cable diameter: 6.5mm-7.5mm
- Protection category: IPx7; UV resistant
Roof/ Terrace Heating Cables Rating
Approx. 30W/m to 40W/m at 230V
Single/Twin Conductor cable
While ordering – Note:
Linear wattage W/m
Heating conductor twin or single